School Fundraising with Bamboo Toothbrushes
Welcome to our School Fundraising info page! Here you’ll find all you need to run a successful fundraising campaign while educating and empowering your students at the same time.
DID YOU KNOW?
• There are 50 trillion pieces of plastic in the world’s oceans?
• 8 million more tonnes of plastic waste enter the ocean every year? (equivalent of a garbage truck full every minute!)
• Scientists predict there’ll be more plastic in the ocean than fish by the year 2050?
• Ocean plastics kill 1,000,000 seabirds and 100,000 marine mammals every year?
• Plastic toothbrushes take 700+ years to break down, into micro and nano-plastics, killing marine life along the way.
• Every plastic toothbrush you’ve ever used, is still in the world somewhere.
Reducing plastic pollution is an important environmental issue. We make it easy to educate and empower students, while raising funds for your school at the same time.
The Turtle Tribe’s bamboo toothbrushes are a healthy and environmentally-friendly alternative to traditional fundraising like chocolate, and work just as well! Students learn about plastic pollution, and how switching to bamboo toothbrushes is an easy way to reduce our plastic waste. The students sell the toothbrushes to their family, friends and neighbours for $3 each or 4 for $10, with at least 50% of every sale going directly to your school. (In stores, bamboo toothbrushes sell for $4 to $6)
Download our complete fundraising info pack to support your Bamboo Toothbrush fundraising campaign for your school, kindy or early learning centre.
Running a Bamboo Toothbrush fundraising campaign is as easy as 1,2,3.
1. Talk to your students about the issue of plastic pollution and the need to take action to reduce plastic waste (we can help)
2. Order your bamboo toothbrush fundraising packs (of 20) at our online store and distribute 1 carry pack to each student to sell to family, friends and neighbours. (20 brushes = $50-$60 sales = $25-35 funds raised for your school by each student)
3. After 2 weeks, the students return their money and any remaining toothbrushes to their teacher or school admin.
Each carry case contains 20 bamboo toothbrushes, in four colours (great for families!) Minimum order is 10 carry cases. Flat rate delivery $9.95 for delivery to your school, no matter how many carry cases you order. NB – carry cases are ordered in multiples of 10.
If your campaign involves 20 students, order 2 x 10 carry cases ($500 + 9.95 shipping), raise $500+ for your school.
If your campaign involves 100 students, order 10×10 carry cases ($2500 + 9.95 shipping), raise $2500+ for your school.
Will they all sell?
Everyone uses a toothbrush twice a day, every day. Once your students learn about plastic pollution in our oceans, they’re usually pretty keen to take some positive action to reduce the problem, educating their community and feeling empowered that they’re part of the solution. To help you along we can provide a video from Turtle Tribe founder Ned Heaton to show in class. And if there are any bamboo toothbrushes left over after the initial two week campaign you can
– ask students/parents who sold out if they’d like to buy or sell some more (the highest selling student at your school wins a copy of Ned’s rhyming children’s picture book, Say NO to Plastic! (It comes free with your shipment to read to your students to kickstart your campaign))
– offer them to teachers and staff
– save them for a stall at your next school open day or fete.
Contact us today if you have any questions. We’d love to work with you!
The Turtle Tribe can partner with your school to educate and empower your students around the issue of plastic pollution, while raising funds for your school and addressing some of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, specifically
Goal 12 – responsible consumption and production
Goal 13 – climate action, and
Goal 14 – life below water
Together, we can make a difference.